The Human Rights Commission’s Portal sees the confidentiality of the information of its users and visitors as a top priority. Our goal is to provide a high-quality service to all beneficiaries. This Privacy Notice is drafted to help you understand the nature of the personal data we collect from you and the purpose of collecting and processing such data. It is important for you to be aware of how the Human Rights Commission uses your personal data and your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations in force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The beneficiary of HRC’s services and visitors of the electronic portal, and all platforms (or channels) that provide the service, must constantly review the Privacy Notice, whenever it is updated. Kindly note that HRC is not required to announce any updates to this Notice, and your use of the Portal means that you are aware and agreeing to this Notice and any further amendments. You are solely responsible for the completeness, correctness, and accuracy of the data that you send through this Portal.
What are the personal data collected?
Below are examples of the main types of the personal data collected:
- The data that you provide to us, which is required when registering in the channels provided by HRC (such as names, ID numbers, addresses, contact numbers, personal property data, user photos, etc.).
- Data exchanged while contacting us (such as requests for beneficiary support and your reports).
- Cookie data (such as data collected by website logs, technologies, cookies, or similar technologies).
- Customer location data (such as data that helps us resolve complaints related to the services provided by HRC).
How personal data is collected?
Some of the personal data we process is obtained directly and indirectly, using various methods, which may include:
Methods of obtaining personal data directly:
- Services: When registering in the official channels of HRC to benefit from its services.
- Contact: When contacting HRC, through the electronic portal, or through social media accounts.
- Opinion polls: When publishing opinion polls, personal data may be collected. The collected data is used to conduct analyses and research for developing the services provided by HRC and improving the customer experience. We may require other information to serve the development requirements.
Methods of obtaining personal data indirectly:
- Cookie Data: These cookies collect data about the method you follow to use our website, including the date and time of your visit, and the type of Internet browser you use.
- Personal data may be obtained from other government or non-government sources, including, but not limited to, Absher Services, etc.
Why do we collect and use your personal data (Purposes)?
Your personal data is collected and used for several reasons, including, for example:
- Completing the data required to provide the services.
- Allowing beneficiaries to access government services and conduct transactions.
- Understanding the beneficiary’s needs to improve the services.
- Resolving and addressing your inquiries or complaints and improving the beneficiary’s experience through all HRC communication channels.
- Collecting and processing personal data to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzing data and issuing internal reports that serve the necessary business requirements, such as the statistical reports.
How does the Human Rights Commission share your personal data?
- Data is shared for legitimate purposes based on a legal basis or a practical need aimed at achieving a public interest without harming national interests, the entities’ activities, individuals’ privacy, or the safety of the environment; with the exception of data and entities that are excluded by royal orders.
- Data is also shares when you agree to share your personal data after we have asked for your permission.
How do we store your personal data?
The basic principles for the protection of the personal data include the following:
- Data Access
- Limit Data Disclosure
- Data Security
- Data Quality
- Monitoring and Compliance
- Selection and Approval
- Limit Data Collection
- Limit Use, Retention, and Disposal of Data
Your rights in relation to the processing of your personal data
According to the Personal Data Protection Policy issued by the Data Office at HRC, you have the following rights, which mainly depend on the purpose of collecting and processing the personal data:
- The right to access your personal data: You have the right to request a copy of your personal data through the channels available to access the data.
- The right to know: The data owner has the right to be informed of the purpose of collecting and processing his/her personal data, the legal basis for this purpose, the content of the data to be processed, the method of collecting and saving data, and the entities to which the data will be disclosed (as the Privacy Notice is considered one of the possible means through which the data owner can exercise this right).
- The right to correct your personal data: You have the right to request the correction of your personal data that you think inaccurate, incorrect, or incomplete, through the channels approved by HRC.